Introduction to K-2 Visas for Dependent Children of K-1 Visa Holders.

In the world of U.S. immigration, the K-1 visa, also known as the “fiancé visa,” is a crucial pathway for foreign fiancés of U.S. citizens to enter the country and get married. But what about their dependent children? This comprehensive guide, authored by an experienced immigration and criminal defense attorney in New York and New Jersey, will delve into the intricacies of the K-2 visa, allowing your children to join you on your K-1 journey.

While the K-1 visa is specifically designed for fiancés, it is important not to overlook the dependent children who may also be affected by this process. The K-2 visa provides a valuable opportunity for these children to accompany their parents on their K-1 journey and be a part of their new life in the United States.

Understanding the complexities of the K-2 visa is crucial to ensure a smooth immigration process for both the parents and the children involved. Legal guidance from an experienced immigration attorney is highly recommended to navigate through the requirements and documentation needed to obtain the K-2 visa.

One important aspect to consider is that the age of the dependent child plays a significant role in determining eligibility. While the child must be unmarried, under the age of 21, and born out of the relationship between the K-1 applicant and their foreign fiancé, there are additional factors that need to be taken into account.

The K-2 visa allows dependent children to enter the United States and remain for the same duration as the K-1 visa holder. However, it is essential to remember that the K-2 visa is not automatically granted upon approval of the K-1 visa. Separate applications must be submitted for each dependent child, including the necessary forms, fees, and supporting documentation.

Furthermore, it is important to note that the K-2 visa does not provide the same benefits as the K-1 visa. While the K-1 visa allows the fiancé to work immediately upon arrival, the K-2 visa does not grant employment authorization. However, dependent children who enter the United States on a K-2 visa may apply for a change of status in the future to obtain work authorization.

To ensure a successful K-2 visa application, it is crucial to compile strong evidence of the relationship between the child and the K-1 applicant. This may include birth certificates, photographs, and any other documentation that demonstrates the bona fide relationship. Additionally, a carefully prepared and detailed explanation of the child’s circumstances and how they will be financially supported in the United States should be included.

Overall, understanding the intricacies of the K-2 visa is essential for foreign fiancés who have dependent children. Through proper legal guidance and thorough preparation, these families can navigate the immigration process successfully and embark on their K-1 journey together, creating a bright future in the United States.

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1)

  1. 212(c) Waiver Lawyer
  2. Criminal and Immigration Attorney
  3. Aggravated Assault
  4. Asylum Lawyer
  5. Burglary Defense Lawyer
  6. Cancellation of Removal
  7. Criminal Defense Lawyer
  8. Cyber Crime Defense
  9. Deportation Defense
  10. Domestic Violence
  11. Drug Crimes
  12. Federal Immigration Crimes
  13. I-601 Waiver
  14. Immigration Appeals
  15. Immigration Bond
  16. Immigration Fraud Defense
  17. Motion 440.10 New York
  18. Motion to Change Venue
  19. Motion to Reopen
  20. Prosecutorial Discretion
  21. Reentry After Deportation
  22. Robbery
  23. S Visa
  24. Stay of Deportation Lawyer
  25. Theft Offenses
  26. U Visa Lawyer
  27. Writ Coram Nobis
  28. Writ Habeas Corpus